Guides for connecting
Wired connection private computer Pdf, 32.9 kB, opens in new window.
NOTE! Do not enter @ju.se after your user name when using a wired connection.
In Debian / Ubuntu
If the certificate VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary CA - G2 is not added into your system you have to add it before you can connect to eduroam.
Either you can download most of the ca-certificates through apt with command apt-get install ca-certificates or you can follow the steps below:
1. Save the Root-Cert through the link
2. Move the file to /usr/share/ca-certificates/ and change the file extension to .crt instead of .pem. eg: sudo mv PCA-3G2.pem /usr/share/ca-certificates/PCA-3G2.crt
3. Add the PCA-3G2.crt in /etc/ca-certificates.conf. eg: sudo echo "PCA-3G2.crt" >> /etc/ca-certificates.conf
4. Update ca-certificates through the command: sudo update-ca-certificates
If you use a graphical interface to connect:
5. connect to eduroam and choose "use system ca cert" or none as ca-certificate.
6. Add you username followed by @ju.se and your password.
If you do not use a graphical interface to control the wireless you can try use one of the optional way listed below.
# Debian /etc/network/interfaces example
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
# wpa_supplicant.conf example
#### eduroam wpa_supplicant