Updated information can be found at ju.se/en/corona
The Public Health Agency of Sweden assesses that there is a very high risk of detecting people in Sweden that have been infected by the new corona virus abroad, and that there is also a very high risk of general spread of infection in Sweden. This is because of recent developments in Sweden and the world.
Special JU-wide task force started
Agneta Marell, president at Jönköping University, has decided to put together a special JU-wide task force for handling questions related to the spreading of the Coronavirus. The group will handle questions which affect Jönköping University.
The group's mission is to:
- Monitor the present situation in Sweden and the world as well as gather information around and analyze risks regarding potential future scenarios.
- Suggest JU-wide actions to prevent and reduce risk of disease spreading and minimize the negative effect for the operations at Jönköping University, concerning all staff, faculty, students and partners.
- Ensure a JU-wide readiness for clear and safe handling and a quick implementation of the actions decided.
- Ensure clear JU-wide communication.
The group includes representatives from the Foundation as well as all JU companies. In addition, local union representatives and representatives from the Jönköping Student Union are part of the group. All representatives have a deputy.
The decision came into effect 10 March 2020.
In accordance with the recommendations from the Public Health Agency and Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and in relation to the responsibilities Jönköping University has towards its employees and students, JU now advises all employees and students not to make any trips the below listed areas. All business trips to and visits from these areas should be cancelled.
- China (including Hong Kong and Macao)
- South Korea
- The Italian regions of Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Trentino-Alto Adige, Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Tuscany.
The recommendation is valid until further notice.
Employees and students who have visited the affected country or region, privately or on a business trip, should work/study from home during two weeks after their arrival back to Sweden.
All students who have planned exchange studies in the affected areas during the spring have been contacted by JU and asked to follow the development and the recommendations from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If you, as a student, have not been contacted and you have questions, please contact the International Office at JU.
If students or staff are currently abroad in an area where there is an outbreak of the Coronavirus, please follow the instructions issued by local authorities and the Embassy of Sweden. If students or staff who are abroad hold another citizenship, please visit your domestic embassy website External link, opens in new window.
As the situation can change quickly, we recommend that everyone stays updated through the authorities’ information and assesses whether it is advisable to travel.
It is important not to contribute to the spread of misinformation, or to make assumptions based on insufficient information. Therefore, students and staff are encouraged to keep up to date via the responsible authorities’ websites. They update information on developments and recommendations on a regular basis.
See links below:
The information will be updated continuously. If you have questions:
- If you have general questions about the outbreak, you should primarily seek information through the above sources.
- You can call 113 13 for answers regarding covid-19. 113 13 is Sweden’s information number in case of major accidents and crises. The service is available 24 hours a day. This national information number is used to reduce the burden on the emergency number 112 and 1177.
- Questions related to suspected illness are referred to the health service via telephone number 1177 (+46 771 11 77 00) or 1177.se.
- JU employees should contact their immediate manager if they have any questions.
- Students can also contact the Student Health Care External link, opens in new window. for support.