Production Development II - Virtual Tools and Modelling 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course is a natural follow up to Production Development I - Strategy and System. It deals with methods and tools to support productions system modelling, design and analysis using virtual tools. The concept of productivity and its various components are at the core of the course. The aim is to increase productivity through a better design of production systems during its operational phase. Much focus is on using discrete-event simulation to its support. The strategic development of maintenance to support productivity is also studied, using also systems thinking modelling. Some insights into optimization techniques for experimenting, analyzing and verifying simulation models is also gained. An important part of the course is an industrial project, where the students’ newly gained skills and understanding are expected to become manifested. In the seminars we reflect upon our learnings and share our new experiences with each other.
The course includes the following elements:
- Evaluation of production performance and productivity
- Analysis and implementation of production strategies
- Design of production systems, which can include sustainability and maintenance, production philosophies, layout and organizational solutions
- Flow simulation and other tools for system design
- Time studies, balancing and flow optimization
- The connection between maintenance operations and production operations
- Key performance indicators in maintenance, and their corresponding effect to drive behavior in maintenance and the relation to short- and long-term effects on productivity
- Reactive and proactive maintenance and production development
PrerequisitesPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering, and 15 credits Mathematics, and completed courses Production Development I - Strategy and System 7,5 credits and Integrated Product and Production Development 7,5 credits. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TPVS22
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2021-12-01 13:52:40