Given the many faculty members working as part of CeFEO and the heterogeneity of their research interests, it is no surprise that different research projects, leading to different publications, have been developed over time.
Below you can find links to scientific publications authored by CeFEO members. These reflect the breadth of the research at CeFEO while offering important scientific results in the areas of family business and/or ownership.
Selected publications (from 2018)
In bold are indicated JIBS faculty members affiliated with CeFEO:
- Chirico, F., Welsh, D. H., Ireland, R. D., & Sieger, P. (in press). Family versus Non‐Family Firm Franchisors: Behavioural and Performance Differences. Journal of Management Studies.
- Markowska, M., & Wiklund, J. (in press). Entrepreneurial learning under uncertainty: exploring the role of self-efficacy and perceived complexity. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
- Nordqvist, M., & Gartner, W. B. (in press). Literature, Fiction, and the Family Business. Family Business Review.
- Pittino D., Chirico, F., Baù, M., Barron E., Naranjo-Priego E.E., Villasana M. (in press). Starting a Family Business as a Career Option: The Role of the Family Household in Mexico. Journal of Family Business Strategy.
- Ramírez‐Pasillas, M., Lundberg, H., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). Next generation external venturing practices in family owned businesses. Journal of Management Studies.
- Chirico, F., Gómez-Mejia, L. R., Hellerstedt, K., Withers, M., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). To merge, sell, or liquidate? Socioemotional wealth, family control, and the choice of business exit. Journal of Management.
- Muñoz-Bullón, F., Sanchez-Bueno, M. J., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). Growth intentions in family-based new venture teams. Management Decision.
- Naldi, L., Baù, M., Ahl, H., & Markowska, M. (in press). Gender (in) equality within the household and business start-up among mothers. Small Business Economics.
- Netz, J., Svensson, M., & Brundin, E. (in press). Business disruptions and affective reactions: A strategy-as-practice perspective on fast strategic decision making. Long Range Planning.
- Pittino, D., Chirico, F., Henssen, B., & Broekaert, W. (in press). Does increased generational involvement foster business growth? The moderating roles of family involvement in ownership and management. European Management Review.
- Steigenberger, N., & Mirc, N. (in press). Should I stay or should I go? Multi-focus identification and employee retention in post-acquisition integration. Human Relations.
- Astrachan J., Binz-Astrachan C., Campopiano G., Baù, M. (2020). Values, Spirituality and Religion: Family Business and the Roots of Sustainable Ethical Behavior. Journal of Business Ethics, 163, 637–645.
- Barbera, F., Shi, H. X., Agarwal, A., & Edwards, M. (2020). The Family That Prays Together Stays Together: Toward a Process Model of Religious Value Transmission in Family Firms. Journal of Business Ethics, 163, 661–673.
- Chirico, F., Criaco, G., Baù, M., Naldi, L., Gomez-Mejia, L. R., & Kotlar, J. (2020). To patent or not to patent: That is the question. Intellectual property protection in family firms. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 44(2), 339-367.
- Lauto, G., Pittino, D., & Visintin, F. (2020). Satisfaction of entrepreneurs: A comparison between founders and family business successors. Journal of Small Business Management, 58(3), 474-510.
- van Helvert-Beugels, J., Nordqvist, M., & Flören, R. (2020). Managing tensions as paradox in CEO succession: The case of nonfamily CEO in a family firm. International Small Business Journal, 38(3), 211-242.
- Balachandran, C., Wennberg, K., & Uman, T. (2019). National culture diversity in new venture boards: The role of founders' relational demography. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 13(3), 410-434.
- Bauweraerts, J., Sciascia, S., Naldi, L., & Mazzola, P. (2019). Family CEO and board service: Turning the tide for export scope in family SMEs. International Business Review, 28(5), 101583.
- Baù, M., Chirico, F., Pittino, D., Backman, M., & Klaesson, J. (2019). Roots to grow: Family firms and local embeddedness in rural and urban contexts. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 43(2), 360-385.
- Dąbrowska, J., Lopez‐Vega, H., & Ritala, P. (2019). Waking the sleeping beauty: Swarovski’s open innovation journey. R&D Management. 49(5), 775-788.
- Evansluong, Q., & Ramírez Pasillas, M. (2019). The role of family social capital in immigrants’ entrepreneurial opportunity creation processes. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 36(1/2).
- Iyer, D. N., Baù, M., Chirico, F., Patel, P. C., & Brush, T. H. (2019). The triggers of local and distant search: Relative magnitude and persistence in explaining acquisition relatedness. Long Range Planning, 52(5), 101825.
- Markowska, M., Grichnik, D., Brinckmann, J., & Kapsa, D. (2019). Strategic orientations of nascent entrepreneurs: antecedents of prediction and risk orientation. Small Business Economics, 53(4), 859-878.
- Patel, P. C., Criaco, G., & Naldi, L. (2018). Geographic diversification and the survival of born-globals. Journal of Management, 44(5), 2008-2036.
- Salvato, C., Chirico, F., Melin, L., & Seidl, D. (2019). Coupling Family Business Research with Organization Studies: Interpretations, Issues and Insights. Organization Studies, 40(6), 775-791.
- Sanchez-Famoso, V., Pittino, D., Chirico, F., Maseda, A., & Iturralde, T. (2019). Social capital and innovation in family firms: The moderating roles of family control and generational involvement. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 35(3), 101043.
- Wielsma, A. J., & Brunninge, O. (2019). “Who am I? Who are we?” Understanding the impact of family business identity on the development of individual and family identity in business families. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 10(1), 38-48.
- Chirico, F., Salvato, C., Byrne, B., Akhter, N., & Arriaga Múzquiz, J. (2018). Commitment escalation to a failing family business. Journal of Small Business Management, 56(3), 494-512.
- Fitz-Koch, S., Nordqvist, M., Carter, S., & Hunter, E. (2018). Entrepreneurship in the agricultural sector: A literature review and future research opportunities. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42(1), 129-166.
- Pittino, D., Visintin, F., & Lauto, G. (2018). Fly away from the nest? A configurational analysis of family embeddedness and individual attributes in the entrepreneurial entry decision by next-generation members. Family Business Review, 31(3), 271-294.
- Pittino, D., Martínez, A. B., Chirico, F., & Galván, R. S. (2018). Psychological ownership, knowledge sharing and entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: The moderating role of governance heterogeneity. Journal of Business Research, 84, 312-326.
- Waldkirch, M., Nordqvist, M., & Melin, L. (2018). CEO turnover in family firms: How social exchange relationships influence whether a non-family CEO stays or leaves. Human Resource Management Review, 28(1), 56-67.
This list is updated through the Jönköping University Library digital database (DIVA).
Genedy, M., Hellerstedt, K., Naldi, L. (2020). The unanticipated growth and employees’ well-being.
Genedy, M., Naldi, L., Hellerstedt, K. (2020). Self-employed, family-employed, or wage-employed? The role of birth order and family structure on initial career choices.
Bird, M., Andric, M., Hellerstedt, K. (2020). The influence of entrepreneurial teams’ structural power inequality on firm performance. Academy of Management
Andric, M., Bird, M., Hellerstedt, K., Zellweger, T. (2020). CEO divorce and firm performance – The role of CEO’s family situation. Academy of Management
Pantelic, D., Florin Samuelsson, E. (2020). Educating future managers for a culturally diverse workspace: Using course as a living laboratory.
Broberg, P., Uman, T. (2020). Kommersiellt inriktade byråer ger välmående revisorer. Balans (pp. 32-33).
Mattei, G., Grossi, G., Uman, T., Argento, D. (2020). Actorhood of the European Court of Auditors: Visual analysis.
Ponomareva, Y., Uman, T., Bodolica, V., Wennberg, K. (2020). Cultural diversity in top management teams – Review and agenda for future research.
Malki, B., Uman, T., Pittino, D. (2020). The entrepreneurial financing for the immigrant entrepreneurs: A systematic literature review. Academy of Management
Wu, Z., Naldi, L., Wennberg, K., Uman, T. (2020). The mighty girl: Vicarious vulnerability and male founders’ gender-egalitarian hiring decisions in new entures.
All hits from DiVA (929)
Content updated 2020-09-21